Use this image to inspire your writing today.
Look at the picture and write whatever comes to mind.
Sometimes it helps to set a timer and to write ‘automatically’, which means writing without your hand leaving the page and without stopping to read back or to think too hard.
Alternatively, you can use the picture in a more structured way to inspire your current writing project or novel. It might give you an idea for a scene, a character, an image.
You can take the image literally or metaphorically or in a completely tangential way. It’s your gift, so use it as you wish!
If you’re stuck, here are some questions which might trigger an idea or two:
- What kind of building were these bricks used for? (A school, a home, a garage, a church, a shop, a public restroom…).
- Who lived there, worked there, went there, played there?
- Why was the building torn down? (Natural disaster? Fire? Renovation?)
- Where are these bricks now?
- Who owns them?
- What might they be used for in the future?
Happy writing 💫🖋